586 Guests, 1 User (3 Spiders)
dannjr, Google (3)

Author Topic: Black Swan. New lake Addition?  (Read 27199 times)

Offline Buggyman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Black Swan. New lake Addition?
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:40:39 pm »
Last week about night fall, Duh wifey saw something and called me to the sunroom. But it was getting dark and you really could see it very well. But one thing stood out, It long neck and was dark all over.
She asked me what I thought it was and I told her the neck line looked like a swan. Problem was,, it wasn't white.
Then a few days later it was back again. This time I got a good look at it and shore enough, It was a Swan, aBLACK Swan at that. I've never seen or heard of a "Black" Swan.
When it took off flying I seen it had white tipped wings.
So I though. off breed swan.
So I went and Gooogled Black Swan and found one website that describe it perfectly.
It was an Australian Black Swan.
The sex cannot be determind unless you see more than one. Apparently Males are much larger than Female. But this one being alone. we have nothing to compare it too. It is on the small side so it must be a young one.
Below are pictures of the Black Swan that apparently made a wrong turn some where and ended up here. It hangs out with the geese, but chases them all over the lake.

Buggy ;D

Offline Buggyman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Black Swan. New lake Addition?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 12:41:37 pm »
and more

Offline Buggyman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:42:51 pm »
Last two

Online dannjr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 02:44:52 pm »
There goes the neighborhood... ;D
You might want to get a BIG bag of Feed Corn and old bread you dont want and leave it by the shore line..
The Geese will tend to stay on there side of the pond and the Ducks if you have any will tend to be curious.
Swans don't like being approched real fast and need to get to know you or they fly off and if that happens to often they'll move someplace else.. So take your time with him/her...

The 19 or so we have up here are still getting use to us and there kiddy's fly away from us all the time.. the older ones still move away from the boat and now with winter we'll have to start over with them in the spring..

You could end up with something great there if the time to feed once in awhile is taken by you or DW or even nieghbors..
They can be messy like geese but can also be trained to eat on the edge of the water which is what they seem to prefure.
DONT make a sandy beach for them cause they'll take it over.. ;D

Nice shots by the way.. and great to see you have something kwel there..

Gotta run and get my DAD his computer over to him.. last look was still cold outside
”sdn-ʍǝɹɔs llɐ ɟo ɹǝɥʇoɯ ǝɥʇ sı uoıʇdɯnssɐ
Sacred Cows Make the Best Hamburgers !

Offline Buggyman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 06:29:25 pm »
Quote from: dannjr

Nice shots by the way.. and great to see you have something kwel there..

If you'd seen me you'd laugh your butt off. My camera is on the blink, so duh wifey said use her's. So when I went out the first time some how I was snapping pictures without the card in it  :ASS:
So I run back in the house and grabbed a card and put it in.
I got back outside and the swan was gone.  ::)
But it came back later on that afternoon and that time I was ready.
It doesn't appear to be scare of people, I got within 10 feet of it to sanp those closeup. My next door neighbor said it ate out of her hand.

Quote from: dannjr
last look was still cold outside

Yep, and our forcast has been revise to where we now are expecting below freezing each morning for the next 8 days :o
Don't go into shock as I actually went outside today with it being in the 40's to get the Christmas stuff down and put up.

NOW.. I can remain indoors and enjoy the nice warm house  :bigsmile:

I'll keep yah posted on the swan.

Chat later
Buggy ;D

MicrosystemsPro

Thanks for stopping by

to the top

COPYRIGHT © 1990 Microsystems Pro R&D Consulting .com and .net

All images, pages, logos & software found on this site are copyrighted under their perspective owners.COPYRIGHT © 2000 CableNut Software and ccs files.
Site best viewed in 800x600 resolution or higher. Optimized for Internet Explorer 4.0 and higher.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018